Sunday, January 11, 2009

B. Wilder: An Introduction

My name is Ben Wilder. I am 30 years old. I live in Nashville, Tennessee. I was 26 when I moved here from Tallahassee, Florida, where in 2001 I graduated from The Florida State University. I am the 4th and youngest child in the Wilder family. I have 2 older sisters and an older brother. My parents are still married, and will just celebrated their 39th wedding anniversary at the end of December 2008. They live in Florida. My oldest sister and my brother also live in Florida. My other sister lives in Ohio.

I am caucasion, I weigh about 153 pounds. I am about 5 feet 9 inches in height. I am left-handed but I cut with scissors using my right hand because finding a pair of left handed scissors is not easy. I will most likely write a blog about this at some point. Growing up as a left-handed person is not easy and I will explain why in that blog. Stay tuned.

I am single, never been married. The longest relationship I've had to date is a month and a half. You may think I am shallow or afraid of commitment because of the short length of these relationships. I hope you are wrong. I tend to find out pretty quickly that a relationship will or will not work. I suppose it takes me about a month and a week to figure this out. So far no relationship has turned into a marriage. I cherish my role as a brother, as a son, and as an uncle. One day I may be married, but no matter what I will always be a brother, a son, and an uncle and I want to be the best at each.

My skills and talents are currently being utilized in video production. Besides working on side projects, I get paid weekly to be a production assistant at Country Music Television in downtown Nashville. I work on the Top 20 Countdown with a great host, a great producer, a great associate producer and a great crew. The environment at CMT is not like any other job environment I've had, and for that I am thankful. No more shaving everyday or wearing collared shirts. Or I can shave everyday and wear a collared shirt. They are very accepting and even encourage each of us to be ourselves. I like that about Viacom and CMT specifically.

I was in church today. And yes, that means I am a follower of Christ.

(Find me someone else who took on the sin of the world and my sin, too, died to take my place, and somehow came back to life and offers all of us eternity with God and I'll consider following them, too! There is no one else, so where else will I go but to Jesus??)

Anyway, so I was talking with a couple of friends and that's when it hit me, I should start a blog. I've never done this before, but I am excited about it. I would like to start by posting a blog at the beginning of each month and then see where it goes.

So, thank you for checking this out! Please leave feedback. I'd love to know your thoughts about whatever it is I am writing about at the time. I by no means think I have special knowledge or insider information about what life is all about, so I encourage you to present your opinion, whether you agree with what I write about or if you have a different perspective on it.

I hope, at least, you can appreciate what I write.

B. Wilder

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful reminder of the most important things in our lives! Thank you for reminding me! You can't go wrong growing up with a beagle, we both know that! I'm looking forward to reading more blogs!

    ReplyDelete